Motor driver with the
It allows you to build a 3-axis stabilizer based on a modular scheme (see connection diagram) or an extend regular stabilizer by the 4th, 5th axis, with the optimized wiring between modules that is perfectly immune to EMI noise.
Input voltage: 2s–6s (6–26V)
Current: 10A continuous (15A with heatsink installed), max. 40A impulse.
Support a big number of models of absolute rotary encoders with the following interfaces:
- SSI, BiSS
Main controller connection:
- 2x CAN, optional
- Limit switch,
Z-Indexswitch, Emergency switch and several digital I/O pins
- 1-wire for thermal sensor connection
- Address selection pins
Over-current Under-voltage Short-circuit
- Improved calibration of R,L motor parameters
- Added extra safety checks and safety limit parameters
- Minor bugfixes and other improvements
- Add a support of new encoders: Zettlex IncOder (SPI-over-RS422), iC-Haus iC-MU (SPI), TLE5012B (SPI, PWM), A1335 (SPI, I2C), AM4096 (I2C), AS5048B (PWM), MA730 (SPI, PWM)
How to upgrade firmware
To upgrade the firmware in the CAN_DRV module(s), connect modules by CAN interface to the main controller connected to a PC running SimpleBGC32 GUI.
Note: it's required to connect main power supply to make CAN_DRV working (they are not powered from USB).
In SimpleBGC32 GUI:
- Turn motors OFF by the button "MOTORS ON/OFF"
- Go to "Upgrade" tab, open "Connected modules" tab. Press the "Refresh" button to load information about modules.
- Select a required module from the list. GUI will show current hardware, firmware and bootloader versions for each module
- Browse for the file containing new firmware. Be careful, flashing improper file will make the device "bricked" and it will be hard to make it alive.
- Press "Flash" button to write firmware.
- Reconnect USB to restart gimbal controller and let him see changes.
- Connect GUI and repeat steps 2, 3 to check that new firmware is working and system operates normally.
Type your question or comment below. Answer will be sent at your e-mail within 24 hours on workdays.