BaseCam GPS IMU v.1.0
How it works: GPS IMU connects to any free UART port of the main controller and provides precise attitude and heading information, that can be used as a reference to correct the internal IMU sensor, solving its common problems: gyroscope drift, an affection of linear accelerations, drift caused by the changes in environmental temperature.
SimpleBGC32 system supports several mounting positions of external IMU sensor: on the stabilized platform, on the gimbal's arms, or on the frame. It allows choosing the most optimal position for a normal work of magnetometer and GNSS receiver, that are very sensitive to the environment.
* Note that currently, GPS IMU module does not replace the regular IMU sensor, though this functionality could be implemented in future.
Features of the Basecam GPS IMU v.1.0 Module
GNSS-antennafor a compact size
- Full set of navigation sensors: 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis magnetometer, barometer (altimeter), GNSS receiver (concurrent Galileo, GLONASS, GPS / QZSS)
Powerful MCU running UKF for a sensor fusion at high rates
- Thermal stabilization helps to keep high precision with the change of temperatures
- Interfaces: UART, USB, CAN1, I2C2
OnboardSD card for high-ratedata logging with actual date-timeinformation and flexible set of data to log
- Backup battery for GNSS hot start and
- Open serial API protocol allows using this sensor in various applications
- Functionality will be constantly improved by firmware
Cost-effectivesolution compared to other GNSS-enabledsolutions on the market
Calibrations are done for gyroscope bias, accelerometer bias and scale, magnetometer bias and scale at the single working temperature point.
1 For full support of all functions of the Basecam GPS IMU, it's required to update the main controller's firmware to the version 2.68b7 and above.
2 CAN and I2C interfaces are currently not implemented in firmware
|Size of the enclosure||71×57×20 mm|
|Mounting holes||3 mm × 4|
||~400 mA to warm up, then ~150 mA (at room temperature)
|Working temperature range||−40…+85 °C
||1 sec. communication ready, 3 sec. data ready
|SD card installed
To update firmware, unpack the downloaded zip file into the root directory of the SD card and restart the device. To access SD card by USB, hold the "mode" button for 4 seconds. More details you can find in the Reference Manual.
Version 1.10, build 262
Fixes minor problems and improves performance under specific conditions.
Basecam GPS_IMU fw 1.10.262.zip (120Kb 18.06.2019)
Type your question or comment below. Answer will be sent at your e-mail within 24 hours on workdays.