BaseCam SimpleBGC 32-bit Extended Long
SimpleBGC 32-bit Extended Long controller is a modification of our popular version SimpleBGC 32-bit Extended. It provides the same set of capabilities in a different shape:
- Current sensor to measure battery power consumption
2x CANports to connect CAN-enabledperiphery like CAN_Driver and CAN IMU
- Dedicated 3x ports for encoder connection via SPI or PWM interface
- 2x I2C ports to connect 2nd IMU or encoders via I2C interface
- Up to 6s LiPo battery is supported
- Supports extra features in the firmware that are not available in «Regular» and «Tiny» versions (see «Versions comparison chart» in the «Appendix A» of the User Manual)
Compared to the previous «Extended» version, the new version has some advantages:
- A dedicated UART2 port (previously it was shared with the SPI port for encoder connection)
- The new «joystick» port provides 3 analog inputs, +3.3V power supply, and the mode button input
- The «mode» button can be used to enter bootloader mode for a firmware recovery (optional)
Capabilities of SimpleBGC32 Gimbal Controller
- Possibility to manage the system on different platforms
- Desktop systems: Windows, macOS, Linux. The firmware of the controller is user-upgradeable (through the GUI).
- Smartphones: Android and some control from 3rd party vendors for Apple's iOS and iPadOS products (iPhone and iPad).
- Open Serial API
- Open programming interface for the development of external control modules — both for software configuration and control of the board and for communication with various electronic devices.
- Automatic tuning of PID parameters
- Allows you to quickly prepare the system for work either at the initial settings or at changed conditions.
- Support of systems with various hardware configurations
- Flexible customization of the sensor orientation.
- Support for a wide range of motors of various configurations and sizes.
- Support several configurations of motor orders, including configurations with the tilted motor axes.
- Support for two IMU sensors and external IMU for maximum precision
- The system works with either one or two IMU sensors. The use of two sensors improves stability and accuracy in the
- Optional connection of a
high-gradeexternal IMU sensor or MavLink-enabled auto-pilotextends precision for demanding applications.
- Support for a wide range of absolute encoders
- Installing an encoder on each motor greately improves system performance and extends the range of applications.
- Different algorithms of follow mode
- Flexible configuration of the following mode for each axis. Automatic switching of horizon axis mode from lock to follow in case of persistent camera tilt.
- Up to five user-configurable modes of system operation selectable with a toggle button
- 5 profiles grouped in 5 profile sets allows changing modes of operation or even hardware configurations
- Support of a wide range of external control protocols
- Futaba, Spektrum, 5x PWM, Sum-PPM, 3 ADC, Serial API
- Flexible configuration allows for control of any functions of the system (every parameter that the system uses is configurable).
- Battery voltage drop compensation
- This ensures proper control of the drive motors during the whole life of the battery.
- Different versions of the controllers for different needs
- The licensing system allowed our partners to launch different versions of controllers for a wide range of applications: from compact controllers for stabilizers of light cameras to powerful ones for the stabilization of heavy units.
- Ongoing work to improve the system
- BaseCam Electronics is working closely with the developers of end devices, which allows us, on the basis of feedback, to continuously improve the stabilization algorithms and expand the capabilities of the system within a single version of the controller.
|Size of the board
|Distance between the mounting holes
|31 and 57 mm
|Diameter of the mounting holes
|Power supply voltage
|8–26 V (3s-6s LiPo)
|Maximum motor current
|5V output current to power external devices
|up to 1 A
|3V output current
* Maximum motor current 1,5 A — total continuous current for three motors, or instant current for each motor (4.5A in total for a short time). Installing proper heatsink may extend this parameter.
USB Drivers for PC Connection
If controller being connected to the USB port, is not recognized as COM-port, most probably you need to install or update drivers for CP210x chip. You can download driver for your OS from the manufacturer of CP210x.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE: The latest version (6.7.4) of driver for Windows may cause problems with delay in data transmission, visible as a big lag of the GUI. In this case, install version 6.7.2 of the driver, which had no such problems.
Type your question or comment below. Answer will be sent at your E-mail within 24 hours on workdays.