Changes in this version:
- (GUI): new option to enable
auto-detectionof system startup in the upside-downmode
- (GUI): New interactive dialog to detect sensor orientation
- (GUI): New interactive dialog to calibrate sensors
- Second UART port to process Serial API commands: Rx goes to RC_ROLL, Tx goes to RC_YAW. It can be enabled in the RC tab —>«RC_ROLL pin mode“
- Spektrum satellite new binding and data format options (used in the ”Bind RC» command and to decode spektrum protocol)
- Bug fixed: in the Follow mode when the camera is pitched down about 90 degrees, its not controlled by YAW
- Bug fixed: calibration of accelerometer in the simple mode did not reset extended mode calibration, making a result of simple calibration not correct.
- Bug fixed: «Estimate angle from motors» doesnt work in 2.43b6
- Minor bug fixed with firmware update dialog.
- Recovery firmware works now with USB connection on v.3.1 «Tiny» boards.
Details and required files you can find on Download page.
More details about the app you can find here
As well, take a look at the following third-party applications:
Third-Party Desktop Apps
- RMotion. Application for remote scripting control of the gimbal. Platform: Windows
Third-Party Mobile Apps
- Sbgc (Alexmos) Configurator. A very simple configurator for Basecam (Alexmos) brushless gimbal controller using a Bluetooth serial dongle. Platform: Android
- Rebotnix Gimbal Control. The rebotnix Gimbal Control allows to remote control a BaseCam SimpleBGC controller with and iPhone or iPad in conjunction with rebotnix Apple and Bluetooth certified Bluetooth hardware module. Platform: iOS
Easy and cheap way to build remote control for you SimpleBGC controller (Thank you Mark for that).
Source code and details you can find here.
This is a short tutorial how to use BaseCam filters to provide better gimbal performance.
Some versions of the controllers can have a problem with the spektrum port: satellite receiver does not get enough power from the 3.3V internal voltage regulator, and it works unstable (simptoms: signal interrupts, LED blinks randomly, on binding attempt system goes to reset).Find out how to solve the issue.
Using the new features of firmware, you can design your own remote control for SimpleBGC.
For 8bit and 32bit versions SimpleBGC-based gimbal.
Suppose, that you somehow damaged the firmware on your board and need to recover one. The following steps will help you to do that.
- You need GUI version 2.41b5 or higher. Take one on the download page.
- As well, you need a recovery firmware. You can find one here.
- Close FLASH pins on the board using a jumper shunt.
- Connect the board to your PC via USB. Red light has to light up on the board.
- Start GUI and do the following steps:
- Select appropriate COM port. Do not press button "Connect".
- Open TAB "Upgrade" -> "Manual".
- Specify location of Firmware HEX file.
- Select Board version -> v3 32bit.
- Press button "Flash".
- Wait until uploading to be finished.
The rebotnix Gimbal Control allows to remote control a BaseCam SimpleBGC controller with and iPhone or iPad in conjunction with rebotnix Apple and Bluetooth certified Bluetooth hardware module.
Rebotnix Gimbal Control is available in App Store.
Let us to introduce a very usefull application - RMotion. The application allows to scripting control of the BaseCam controllers. Look at the video below to understand how it works.
Except the sensors of our design you could see in sale sensor which order of connection differs from one described in the manual.