Changes in this version:
- New GUI tab "Adjustable variables" to change system parameters remotely in real-time:
- 10 slots for trigger-type controls
- 15 slots for analog-type controls
- New sound model: if "Beep with motors" option is enabled, gimbal plays various sounds instead of simple beeps.
- New Serial API commands to communicate with external I2C devices
- New Serial API commands to store up to 128 bytes of user data in the EEPROM (may be usefull for third-party GUI or external application developers)
- New RC signal source "API_VIRT_CH1..32" controlled via Serial API to simplify gimbal control (see examples in the specification)
- PID Auto Tuning should give more precise results because of decreased error threshold
- Better error handling on writing parameters to the board via slow connection.
- (GUI) New menu option to save all profiles into single file. This file can be loaded back by standard "Load from file.." command
- (GUI) New menu option to write all profiles to the board.
More details about the app you can find here
As well, take a look at the following third-party applications:
Third-Party Desktop Apps
- RMotion. Application for remote scripting control of the gimbal. Platform: Windows
Third-Party Mobile Apps
- Sbgc (Alexmos) Configurator. A very simple configurator for Basecam (Alexmos) brushless gimbal controller using a Bluetooth serial dongle. Platform: Android
- Rebotnix Gimbal Control. The rebotnix Gimbal Control allows to remote control a BaseCam SimpleBGC controller with and iPhone or iPad in conjunction with rebotnix Apple and Bluetooth certified Bluetooth hardware module. Platform: iOS
For 8bit and 32bit versions SimpleBGC-based gimbal.
Suppose, that you somehow damaged the firmware on your board and need to recover one. The following steps will help you to do that.
- You need GUI version 2.41b5 or higher. Take one on the download page.
- As well, you need a recovery firmware. You can find one here.
- Close FLASH pins on the board using a jumper shunt.
- Connect the board to your PC via USB. Red light has to light up on the board.
- Start GUI and do the following steps:
- Select appropriate COM port. Do not press button "Connect".
- Open TAB "Upgrade" -> "Manual".
- Specify location of Firmware HEX file.
- Select Board version -> v3 32bit.
- Press button "Flash".
- Wait until uploading to be finished.
The rebotnix Gimbal Control allows to remote control a BaseCam SimpleBGC controller with and iPhone or iPad in conjunction with rebotnix Apple and Bluetooth certified Bluetooth hardware module.
Rebotnix Gimbal Control is available in App Store.
Let us to introduce a very usefull application - RMotion. The application allows to scripting control of the BaseCam controllers. Look at the video below to understand how it works.
Except the sensors of our design you could see in sale sensor which order of connection differs from one described in the manual.
Before you start to tune the controller read carefully the appropriate manual.
What P, I, D are
P — is a basic factor of stabilization, sets gain of the signal from the gyro in the feedback system.
D — is a stabilization factor of P. When value of D is not enough the system may go into a state of self-excitation.
I — is a gain factor of the absolute error of stabilization (the difference between the target and current angles) in the feedback system.
The below video from our partner from Italy demonstrates capabilities of the Mobile GUI:
We were so impressed with both these videos and the cars in them, that we just had to share them with you. Video footage was filmed by Dave Beaty using a DIY Gimbal based on a SimpleBGC controller.