- Bug fixed: in Follow mode, when ROLL is locked, "INIT.ANGLE" has no effect.
- New command LOOK_DOWN: Camera pithes down to 90 degree with the speed configured in the RC tab.
- New command HOME_POSITION: Camera goes to home position (set by INIT.ANGLE for each axis) with the speed configured in the RC tab.
- Add a 4-second delay after the "Upside-down mode" command is switched, to let to rotate gimbal to new position.
- (GUI) New option "Remember last used profile", to make the profile (activated by RC or menu button) default. If disabled, system always starts with profile set as default from the GUI.
- (GUI) Firmware upgrade now works under Mac OS and Linux (see User manual for details)
- (GUI) Option to log realtime data to CSV file for further analysis
Details and required files you can find on Download page.
More details about the app you can find here
As well, take a look at the following third-party applications:
Third-Party Desktop Apps
- RMotion. Application for remote scripting control of the gimbal. Platform: Windows
Third-Party Mobile Apps
- Sbgc (Alexmos) Configurator. A very simple configurator for Basecam (Alexmos) brushless gimbal controller using a Bluetooth serial dongle. Platform: Android
- Rebotnix Gimbal Control. The rebotnix Gimbal Control allows to remote control a BaseCam SimpleBGC controller with and iPhone or iPad in conjunction with rebotnix Apple and Bluetooth certified Bluetooth hardware module. Platform: iOS
Suppose, that you somehow damaged the firmware on your board and need to recover one. The following steps will help you to do that.
- You need GUI version 2.41b5 or higher. Take one on the download page.
- As well, you need a recovery firmware. You can find one here.
- Close FLASH pins on the board using a jumper shunt.
- Connect the board to your PC via USB. Red light has to light up on the board.
- Start GUI and do the following steps:
- Select appropriate COM port. Do not press button "Connect".
- Open TAB "Upgrade" -> "Manual".
- Specify location of Firmware HEX file.
- Select Board version -> v3 32bit.
- Press button "Flash".
- Wait until uploading to be finished.
The rebotnix Gimbal Control allows to remote control a BaseCam SimpleBGC controller with and iPhone or iPad in conjunction with rebotnix Apple and Bluetooth certified Bluetooth hardware module.
Rebotnix Gimbal Control is available in App Store.
Let us to introduce a very usefull application - RMotion. The application allows to scripting control of the BaseCam controllers. Look at the video below to understand how it works.
Except the sensors of our design you could see in sale sensor which order of connection differs from one described in the manual.
Before you start to tune the controller read carefully the appropriate manual.
What P, I, D are
P — is a basic factor of stabilization, sets gain of the signal from the gyro in the feedback system.
D — is a stabilization factor of P. When value of D is not enough the system may go into a state of self-excitation.
I — is a gain factor of the absolute error of stabilization (the difference between the target and current angles) in the feedback system.
The below video from our partner from Italy demonstrates capabilities of the Mobile GUI:
Today was released the new version of the firmware. On the following video you can see new capabilities of the controller.
Many people have heard about Freefly Movi handheld gimbals. But the rarely one can say that these are affordable. We offer to read article in which Jean GERARD (author of the article) shares his own experince of using Freefly Movi and DIY handheld gimbal based on BaseCam SimpleBGC controller.
You have possibility to compare these devices without purchasing them and make up your own opinion.
Read the article: DIY ALEXMOS GIMBALS VS FREEFLY MOVI.
We were so impressed with both these videos and the cars in them, that we just had to share them with you. Video footage was filmed by Dave Beaty using a DIY Gimbal based on a SimpleBGC controller.