BaseCam GPS IMU v.1.2
How it works: GPS IMU connects to any free UART port of the main controller, or common CAN bus*, and provides precise attitude and heading information, that can be used as a reference to correct the internal IMU sensor, solving its common problems: gyroscope drift, an affection of linear accelerations, drift caused by the changes in environmental temperature.
SimpleBGC32 system supports several mounting positions of external IMU sensor: on the stabilized platform, on the gimbal's arms, or on the frame. It allows choosing the most optimal position for a normal work of magnetometer and GNSS receiver, that are very sensitive to the environment.
With the flexible well-documented serial API this module can be used in a wide range of third-party applications, where precise AHRS/IMU functionality is needed (like robots, drones, survey, platform stabilization and so on).
* CAN connection option will be implemented in future with the firmware update. With this option, GPS IMU may be used as a main IMU sensor in the SBGC32 gimbal controllers having CAN bus support
Features of the Basecam GPS IMU v.1.2 Module
GNSS-antennafor a compact size, with the option of connecting an external GNSS receiver by the UART interface;
- Full set of navigation sensors: 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis magnetometer, barometer (altimeter), GNSS receiver (concurrent Galileo, GLONASS, GPS / QZSS);
Powerful MCU running UKF for a sensor fusion at high rates;
- Thermal stabilization helps to keep high precision with the change of temperatures;
- Interfaces: UART, USB, CAN, I2C;
OnboardSD card for high-ratedata logging with actual date-timeinformation and flexible set of data to log, including logging of external data provided by the host controller;
- Backup rechargeable battery for GNSS hot start and
- Open serial API protocol allows using this sensor in third-party applications;
- Functionality will be constantly improved with the firmware updates;
Cost-effectivesolution compared to other GNSS-enabledsolutions on the market;
Full factory calibrations are made for gyroscope and accelerometer. An easy-to-use magnetometer calibration procedure allows to get maximum performance by calibrating magnetometer sensor after installation, to take into account a magnetic environment (soft- and hard-iron cancellation).
Advantage in version 1.2 compared to 1.0
- Fixed problems with the GNSS signal reception
- Better environment isolation (less temperature dependency)
- Backup battery is rechargeable
- Additional UART port for extended functionality
- Full factory calibrations made on special equipment
|Size of the enclosure||73×51×30 mm|
|Mounting holes||3 mm × 4|
||~400 mA to warm up, then ~150 mA (at room temperature)
|Working temperature range||−40…+85 °C
||1 sec. communication ready, 3 sec. first data ready
|SD card installed
To update firmware, unpack the downloaded zip file into the root directory of the SD card and restart the device. To access SD card by USB, hold the "mode" button for 4 seconds. More details you can find in the Reference Manual.
There are no firmware updates at this moment.
Type your question or comment below. Answer will be sent at your e-mail within 24 hours on workdays.