- CAN bus provides more reliable and error free connection compared to the I2C, not limited in length. CAN bus is supported in "Extended" and "Pro" versions of SBGC32 controller.
- I2C port compatible with the regular SBGC32 IMU cable and all SBGC32 controllers.
- EEPROM to store calibration data.
- New 6-axis sensor ICM20608 from InveSense has better performance compared to the old MPU-6050.
- Additional I2C and UART interfaces for the external device connectivity (to be used in future versions of firmware).
- Compact size. Mounting holes are compatible with the old SBGC32 IMU. Optional box.
For proper functionality of CAN IMU, you need the firmware version 2.61b2 or above.
|Size of the board||25×25 mm|
|Distance between the mounting holes||14.2 mm|
|Diameter of the mounting holes||3 mm|
|Power supply voltage range||4.5 - 5.5V|
|Current consumption||50 mA max (without external load)
|3.3V output current capabilities||100 mA max.|
- Here you can
specify the type
of external device
Reserved for future use.
- Here you can set the type of IMU sensor:
main by default or frame if soldered.
- CAN-bus terminator.
Solder this contact
pads if IMU is
the last connected
device on a bus.
Do not solder it for
- EEPROM write
pads. Solder them
- Here you can connect external device or sensor.
Reserved for future use.
SBGC32 controllers (318Kb 6.02.2020)
CAN IMU Firmware v.1.38 (50Kb 31.05.2023)
- Bugfix in handling of an external sensor Murata SCHA63X
- Add support of an external sensor Epson G354/G364/V340/G365/G370
CAN IMU Firmware v.1.37 (46Kb 28.02.2023)
- bugfix in handling of an external sensor (ADIS16460, STIM210, etc.)
CAN IMU Firmware v.1.35 (47Kb 4.04.2022)
- Add support of an external sensor Murata SCHA63X - high-quality 6-DOF gyroscope and accelerometer (starting from SBGC32 firmware v.2.71b6)
- Add support of "Serial link over CAN" (starting from SBGC32 firmware v.2.71b6)
CAN IMU Firmware v.1.32 (38Kb 20.07.2021)
- Support external sensors ADIS16460, Vectornav VN100, VN200 (UART)*, STIM210 (UART), STIM300 (not tested)
- Bugfix: was not working as 2nd frame IMU
* Vectornav ext. sensor support is implemented starting from 2.71b0 main firmware
CAN IMU Firmware v.1.27 (25Kb 15.03.2021) (compatible with main firmware 2.69b4+)
- Bugfix: temperature calibration gives incorrect result
CAN IMU Firmware v.1.25 (37Kb 6.02.2020) (compatible with main firmware 2.69b4+)
- Add a support of magnetometer sensor connected to I2C port: HMC5883(L), HMC5983, QMC5883L*
- Add a support of external gyroscope sensors: ADXRS453 (needs h/w upgrade of CAN_IMU with the SPI port), KVH FOG (more info)*
CAN IMU Firmware v.1.21 (22Kb 5.07.2018)
- Add a support of ICM-20602 sensor
- Minor bugfixes
CAN IMU Firmware v.1.1 (21Kb 26.11.2016)
- Fixed the critical issue with the accidental spin of all motors at startup 1
/!\ We strictly advise to upgrade firmware to all owners of CAN IMU sensor loaded with the 1.0 version of firmware (all items ordered prior to 22.11.2016)!
1 If sensor is connected by the I2C interface, for 100% compatibility it is required to upgrade firmware in the main controller to version 2.61b9 and above.
Type your question or comment below. Answer will be sent at your e-mail within 24 hours on workdays.
The first revision (prior to rev.C) has a problem: when it's connected by a long cable (about 1m or longer) there is a risk to burn out internal 3.3V voltage regulator when connector is plugged into powered board, or when the main power is turning ON/OFF. The reason is transient voltage on the +5V line. To fix this problem, a Zenner diode BZT52C5V6T should be installed (replacing a capacitor C8 or in parallel to it) as shown on pictures below.